Thursday, January 10, 2013

Christmas in July (or at least that's what it seemed like in AZ)

The Christmas holiday was quite the event for Noor and I this year. We flew into AZ and got to stay for 3 weeks! (well...Noor had to get back to work after 2, but I stayed an extra week).

We were able to catch up with a few old friends..not as many as we would have liked because we ended up getting SICK! We each had some sort of cold/flu/sinus issue that had us out for the count for a few days. That was really not so great. Noor had it worse than I did..I was up in the middle of the night tending to my sweet man with a 103 fever! It was not the way we'd imagined our Christmas vacation.

We did get to do a lot of the things we wanted to, though..in spite of being sick. One of those things was re-hiking the Hieroglyph trail that we took exactly 1 year prior...the same day that Noor proposed! It was a fun to be up there and to reminisce that beautiful day that neither of us will ever forget.
This is sadly the only picture we have of said hike.
The rest are on my mom's camera. 


My Bro & Sis-in-law came a few days before Christmas so we got to spend some time with them and with our sweet niece! My other Sister and Bro-in-law weren't able to come until AFTER Christmas day..so we had a modified Christmas day when they were in town. WE spent Christmas Eve with Noor's family. It has been their tradition to have their Christmas festivities happen on Christamas Eve, so it worked out perfectly when it came to splitting the holiday between our two families!


For our "modified" Christmas, my parents planned a big date for all the kids to go on while they watched the little ones on New Years Eve. It was a scavenger hunt!! We were reunited with a favorite teacher that all 4 of us kids had in elementary school, which was super neat! We also ended up doing activities in the homes of old family friends we hand't seen in a long time! It was fun to laugh and to be together as siblings and to be able to enjoy a night out together. The last stop was dinner at Oreganos! We ate delicious food and completed our last task of writing a funny Christmas poem together. When we arrived back at home it was close to 11...but we opened presents and had our Christmas "morning" all together.

Noor splurged on me and got me a pair of Beats by Dre headphones...even though we had previously decided that our Christmas presents to each other were our plane tickets to AZ...that sneaky man!


We also had our annual egg roll celebration that we have every New Years Day with a family we have been friends with for a long time. It is definitely a meal we all look forward to.

Noor had to leave just after New Years, but I stayed in AZ to see my good friend Jessie get married! It was such blessing that I didn't have to miss out on such a beautiful event! I would have been so sad if I would have missed it! We loved living in Texas....but it was so hard to miss out on everything that was happening in Arizona.

It was so great to have so much time to enjoy being in our familiar stomping grounds.










She fell asleep after being a little upset that her mommy
& daddy went on a date without her. I love these sweet
cuddles
Time spent with our families and with our sweet nieces
sure made the trip. 


No comments:

Post a Comment