Saturday, February 16, 2013


Noor and I kept Valentine's day pretty low key. He had to work..so we spent our evening out together. We started with an early dinner. Not necessarily on purpose....but I was STARVING. So we headed over to Olive Garden. We were seated right away! (When we left, there was an hour wait!..we had great timing!) We love Olive Garden. It always sounds good....then again...we are big Italian food people..so there is rarely a time when Italian food DOESN't sound good. I digress.

Dinner was delicious and upon it's completion, we headed over to the movie theater to see Warm Bodies. It was HILARIOUS! (We ended up seeing it again with my parents a few days later!! :)

By the time it was over, my tummy was hungry again..perfect time to head home and reheat some leftover pasta!



We didn't get a picture of our meal...
..probably because I was so famished that my poor dinner didn't stand a chance. 



I wore my awesome pink boots with heart socks...the occasion definitely seemed to warrant the festiveness. And besides...those boots were instrumental in the fateful meeting of my sweet husband and I. Our story can be found in the tabs at the top of this awesome blog.

Some people have beef with Valentines Day because they are either single or they have a belief that you shouldn't need a special holiday to express your love the one you love. I get that. I do.
But I don't agree.
Yes, we should express our love to the one we love every day
 and yes, we should live with an attitude of celebration in that love. 
However, one day a year that can be devoted to outwardly celebrating that love is not a bad thing. 
It is a great thing!
And guess what?! You can outwardly celebrate your love on any other day of the year TOO!

Hallmark holiday or not...
We need more love in the world. 

I am grateful for the ways in which my love for my husband has changed my life. It is a love that grows and changes everyday....and I grow and change because of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment