Friday, March 29, 2013

It's a..........!



That's right folks! A little GIRL!! 
We were so so sure it was a boy. 
So when that critical moment came,  and the technician announced,"It's a girl," 
Noor and I looked at each other and then back at the screen thinking,
"Are you sure??...Cause We are pretty sure it's a boy." Haha!

Noor was over the moon excited to have a little girl.
For me...it took a day of readjusting my attachment..it just felt so strange thinking that she was a boy...and now she's a girl! We went shopping that night, which made it more real. 
We are so in love already!!

We announced the gender in a fun way to our families before announcing it to the world.
For my out of state siblings, I made 2 egg cartons filled with 2 eggs each. They were blown out and I stuffed pink confetti in one and blue confetti in the other (since we didn't know what we were having before I sent the packages and I would be too impatient to wait after we knew the news). Then, we Skyped with them while they cracked open the numbered egg that I specified. Everyone was so surprised! They all thought she was a boy too! It was so fun to be able to share the announcement with them even though they are far away.
For our parents, we bought a few Hershey bars and covered the brand name with paper...minus a little peek-a-boo chunk where the letters SHE could still be seen. 

This little girl is the 4th of grandchild of my parents...all girls!
She is also the FIRST grandchild for Noor's parents and they are so thrilled. 
It is amazing to see how much love there is for this little person and she has yet to take her first breath.


We feel blessed that she is ours.....
..and even more so...
we feel blessed and honored to be hers.

No comments:

Post a Comment