Friday, August 23, 2013

Nursery Reveal

Being in an apartment, I wasn't going to do much of a nursery. However, as time went by, I discovered that I really wanted to! Obviously, the baby inside of me, as sweet and brilliant as she will surely be, will surely not notice, nor care if her sheets match or if the dresser is blue. Babies just don't care. I however, wanted to make her a "space". I'm sure it had something to do with nesting..but it was a fun project that kept me busy with a lot of DIY. Sewing, painting, creating, the whole thing. I didn't want to spend a ton of money to create the space..so most everything in there I made myself with materials I already had. I sit in there for a few minutes every day...I am so excited to spend time in that glider in her room with the soft glow of the hanging lights..rocking a sleepy..or not so sleepy baby. It is one of my favorite places to relax.






There are a few things that I will add after she arrives (at least that is the plan). A monogram letter of some kind will hang/stick on the wall above her crib (you know...once we actually PICK a name for her), the frames above her dresser will be filled with pictures of her..instead of our engagement/wedding pictures, and hopefully a wooden sign for the empty wall that is visible from the rocking chair. I also have a basket for the dresser top that will hold diapers, etc...but it is currently holding other things ;) Hooray for repurposing!


1 comment:

  1. Love it. So adorable. Lucky girl. Joshua's nursery is just about done...finally. I will post pictures as soon as I finish a few final details.

    ReplyDelete