Friday, August 23, 2013

Showered

We have been showered with such immense shows of love and support throughout my pregnancy. It has truly filled our hearts with gratitude.  Between showers, unexpected gifts from coworkers,  hand-me-downs, and offers of service, we have been so richly blessed!

I took most of the pictures after the fact...which was a real bummer because it was a really cute shower! I learned my lesson though...when a friend offers to take pictures at your shower for you...just say yes.

We served curry chicken salad on croissants, a summer strawberry salad, various desserts, and watermelon slushy. One of my favorite parts was having everyone drink from mason jars with the cute striped straws! It was such a great morning to enjoy the company of close friends and family.




The favors were cinnamon rolls...I thought they were pretty clever. ;)

I don't currently have pictures in my possession from my other shower that a couple sweet and generous sisters in my ward threw for me...but it was wonderful. Being fairly new to the ward, it was so great to be able to put names with faces a little better and to get to know some sisters in the ward on a more personal level! I could not believe how sweet and so generous these women were to come to my shower to celebrate with me. This act of service filled my heart with joy and gratitude for such a wonderful ward family and such an amazing group of sisters I can call my friends.

The kindness and love that has been shown to us will not soon be forgotten. 



No comments:

Post a Comment